My new neighbor gave us some homemade baked goods to welcome us to the neighborhood. I wanted to reciprocate the kind gesture. Naturally, I made enough for my family and hers. After trying my sister in law’s banana bread I knew it would be a hit. I changed a few ingredients to make it a bit healthier and voilà.. so yummy!
If you’re wondering what’s healthier about this recipe, it only has 1 tbs of butter and uses coconut sugar. According to the Huffington Post, coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index than white sugar. That means it doesn’t raise your blood sugar as quickly as white sugar.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbs butter, softened or slightly melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 ts vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and crushed bananas, and vanilla and combine
- In another bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture
- Bake at 350f for about 25-30 minutes
BIG TIP: Cook time will vary depending on what kind of pan you use. My mini muffins took about 10-12 minutes and mini loaf pans about 15. PLEASE check it frequently and poke with a toothpick until it comes out clean.