An omelet in an egg roll? Sounds odd, but it’s so incredibly tasty. As you know I’m all about easy feeding with less cleanup. I got tired of picking up crumbles of egg. I did have some egg roll flakes to clean up, but not as much!
- Spring roll wrapper
- Handful of chopped spinach
- 1/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Seasonings – We use 21 seasoning salute , but you can use any seasoning you like (garlic, salt, pepper etc.)
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a bowl, crack eggs and scramble. Chop ham and spinach. Set aside.
2. In a pan, add olive oil, and cook spinach and ham
3. Add scramble eggs and combine well
4. Place spring roll wrapper diagonally on a flat surface. Place filling in, top with cheese and roll (see video).
5. Heat oil in a pot. When hot, add rolled spring roll. Brown for a minute on each side. Remember the filling is cooked so you won’t need to cook it for long.
Tip: Use the right wrapper. I’ve used other types and this one by far is the best, unless you like a thicker chewier egg roll. You can find this type at most Asian groceries.
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!