I enjoy eating out and having a delicious creamy pasta. The only problem is, I enjoy a lighter pasta and always have to say “easy on the sauce please.” Here’s a fast, easy recipe for creamy pasta. The best part is you can control how much sauce you put on. You can also omit the scallop and swap for chicken or shrimp (cook accordingly). The recipe below is for a relatively small portion. You can double the sauce or pasta.
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz fettucini noodles
- 8-10 scallops
1. In a pot cook pasta as directed
2. For the sauce: In a pan or sauce pan melt 2 tbs of butter, add garlic, stir cream, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
3. For the scallops: Pat dry scallops with a paper towel. Over high heat melt 1 tbs. butter and oil. Salt and pepper scallops if desired. Once butter and oil begins to smoke add scallops and sear each side for about 1 1/2 minutes
4. Combine pasta and sauce, top with scallops.