I’m not too sure when I want to give raw sushi yet, so here’s a pretend sushi dish. Tasty and delicious.
You can use your favorite teriyaki sauce, but I’ve included my homemade one below.
- Cooked Korean beef (we used leftover marinated)
- Carrots (peeled with potato peeler)
- White Rice
- Spinach (optional)
- 2-3 tbs of honey (no honey before one)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy or tamari
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 small thin slices of ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp cornstarch for thicker sauce
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a sauce pan, cook until sauce has thickened. For a thicker sauce add more cornstarch. Set aside to cool.
1. Use a mold or hand to form sushi. Here’s a sushi mold that is similar to what we used. Click Here
2. Place rice mold on top of a spinach leaf (optional). Add small strip of beef on top of rice.
3. Use a strip of carrot to wrap up the beef sushi.
4. Drizzle with teriyaki glaze.
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!