These are great as a side dish, an appetizer, or a snack!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 mozzarella sticks (cut in 1/2 inch segments)
- Salt and pepper to taste (i just used a dash of each)
The following is optional. If you like the crispier coated texture you’ll need the following:
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
1. Peel and steam sweet potatoes
2. In a blender, combine sweet potato, parmesan cheese, milk and rolled oats and blend.
3. Preheat oven to 425f
4. Using an ice cream scooper, add a scoop of the blended mixture on your hand.
5. Flatten middle of the scoop with a spoon. Add cut up mozzarella cheese in the middle.
6. Cover the cheese with the sweet potato, forming a ball (video below).
7. Optional coating: in a bowl set aside bread crumbs. In another bowl whisk egg. Dip sweet potato ball in egg, then bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 425f for about 10 minutes.
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!