Someone had to do it right? I really do have a reason though.
There are some days this big kid (me), wants a corn dog. Since my toddler eats what we eat, I had to think of a way to make it baby friendly. It’s been drilled in my head that hot dogs are a no-no kids because it’s a choking hazard. That’s how this recipe came about.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tbs agave nectar (you can use sugar, or honey)
3 tbs melted unsalted butter
1 tsp sour cream
2 hot dogs (we used nitrate free organic)
Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 375f
2. In a bowl whisk butter, agave, and egg
3. In the same bowl add milk, sour cream, salt and baking soda and mix
4. Add flour and corn meal last and combine well.
5. Grease donut tin with olive oil spray. Either mix in chopped hot dogs to cornbread mix or pour cornbread mix into a donut tin and add sliced hot dogs on top.
This waffle dish has no sugar. It also contains bananas within the waffle to give you an extra potassium boost.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs butter
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
2. In another bowl smash banana, add egg, milk, butter, and vanilla.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients
4. Pour in hot waffle maker.
Filling and Toppings:
I mixed some milk with greek yogurt to dilute it a bit. I generously spread the yogurt on each waffle before stacked them. I topped it off with some more greek yogurt, strawberries, bananas, and chopped walnuts. You can also add honey or agave nectar if you have a sweet tooth.
A good friend of mine mentioned this dish to me. I love homemade pizza because you can be incredibly creative with the toppings. I topped our pizza with an apple, cheese, and walnut combo. It turned out incredibly tasty.
1.5 cups self rising flour (if you don’t have this type of flour add 1 1/2 tsps of baking powder and 3/4 tsp of salt to the flour)
1 cup greek yogurt
Toppings of choice – We used apples, cheddar cheese, and walnuts on one half. The other half had pizza sauce, cheese, and sweet bell peppers
1. Add flour and yogurt to a stand up mixer. You can also knead the dough on a floured surface if you don’t have a mixer.
2. Use the hook attachment and mix on low, until it turns into a ball (takes a few minutes)
3. Add a little water if its too dry, or a little more flour if it’s too sticky
4. Add flour to the ball and place it on a pan that has been greased with olive oil. I used a pizza stone because we had one.
5. Spread out the dough to form a pizza, add toppings and bake at 450f for 12-15 minutes
My husband bought me a standing mixer for Mother’s Day. I had to make him his favorite dessert. I didn’t add my normal condensed milk and cut down what I would normally put in sugar. I highly suggest getting extra sweet mangoes, otherwise it will be tart.
1 cinnamon graham cracker package (9 cracker sheets)
6 tbs of unsalted melted butter (one stick)
1 – 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs powdered sugar
1tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350f
2. Place graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. I couldn’t find mine so I used my hands and my son’s toy one lol
3. In a bowl, add graham crackers and mix melted butter
4. In a mixer, mix cream cheese, cinnamon, egg, vanilla, powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
5. With a spoon pack graham cracker mixture to tart cups.
6. Add cream cheese mixture on top and cook for about 15 minutes (check at 10 minute mark for progress). It will puff up a bit in the center and lightly brown.
7. Cut mangoes into thin slices. Once cool layer each mango slice forming several circles until you fill the cup. For the middle I used a peeler and made rolls. I then filled the remaining hole with the rolls.
Salt and pepper to taste (i just used a dash of each)
The following is optional. If you like the crispier coated texture you’ll need the following:
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1. Peel and steam sweet potatoes
2. In a blender, combine sweet potato, parmesan cheese, milk and rolled oats and blend.
3. Preheat oven to 425f
4. Using an ice cream scooper, add a scoop of the blended mixture on your hand.
5. Flatten middle of the scoop with a spoon. Add cut up mozzarella cheese in the middle.
6. Cover the cheese with the sweet potato, forming a ball (video below).
7. Optional coating: in a bowl set aside bread crumbs. In another bowl whisk egg. Dip sweet potato ball in egg, then bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 425f for about 10 minutes.
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!