- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 lb beef (we used rib eye and cut it in strips, I’ve used stir fry cut)
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 large broccoli stalks (florets)
- Dash of pepper
- Mix all ingredients except for veggies and beef in a bowl
- Add beef to mixture and place in a slow cooker on low until tender. This usually takes about 4-6 hours depending on your cooker)
- Add broccoli and red pepper about 30-45 minutes before serving. Any earlier and you will have soggy veggies.
- Serve over white rice
Tip: Each soy sauce and broth brands have a different amount of salt so you can reduce it if you feel it’s too salty.