Chicken parmesan with a twist!
After eating all the lovely carbs lately, I’ve been feeling a little guilty. I don’t however want to deprive my son of a food group, so I created this happy medium This dish is a marriage between two worlds, pasta and veggie. It includes a spiralized zucchini mixed in with spaghetti, and also chopped spinach on top.
- 4 chicken breasts (cut in half to make 8)
- 1 C. breadcrumbs
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika (reduce if you like)
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1 C. marinara sauce (home made or store bought)
- 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, paprika, and italian seasoning
3. Cut chicken breasts in half to make thinner slices
4. Brush olive oil on each chicken breast on both sides
5. Dip chicken breast in bread crumbs mixture until fully coated
6. Spray cooking oil on a baking sheet and add coated chicken breast on sheet. Spray a little oil on top.
7. Bake for about 15- 20 minutes, then flip over for another 5 minutes
8. Top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake again for 1 minute until cheese melts.
9. Spiralize zucchini (I use this one –> Spiralizer) and cook spaghetti per box directions
10. Combine zucchini and spaghetti (You can also saute the zucchini in a little butter if desired for a few minutes).
10. Serve chicken on top of combination zoodles and spaghetti. Mix in marinara sauce in pasta and add chopped spinach (optional)
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!