At dinner time he ate the meatballs without much sauce. I wanted to reduce his sodium intake a bit that day. The other time he ate them plain. So, it’s definitely toddler approved and mommy approved because it has a hidden veggie!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 grated apple
- 1 egg
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. chopped spinach
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 tbs cornstarch (for a thicker sauce add one more tbs)
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- dash of ginger (optional)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. low sodium tamari
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Using an ice cream scooper, mold into a ball shape
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Use an internal meat thermometer to prevent dry meatballs. It’s a game changer.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan except for corn starch
- On medium heat add corn starch and stir
- Remove from heat when thickened
- Serve on top of meatballs, over rice.