This is my old recipe, that just never gets old. French toast sticks with fruit.
It’s easy to grasp for the kids and frankly, I can eat way too many of these for my own good. Fortunately, my toddler didn’t leave too many behind. Instead of a sugar coating, we use 100% organic applesauce for dipping.
- 5 slices bread
- 3 tbs cream cheese (room temp or spreadable)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk or milk of choice
- strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbs butter
1. Flatten bread with rolling pin or glass and remove crusts with a knife or pizza cutter.
2. Spread cream cheese on one side of the bread
4. Add chopped strawberries to bread, making sure not to over stuff
5. Carefully roll the bread and set aside. Repeat same steps above for all bread slices
6. In a bowl whisk egg and milk
7. Dip bread rolls into milk mixture
8. Cook in a pan with butter. Flip and cook each side evenly until brown
Serve with applesauce or plain