A mom friend recently reminded me of preparing breakfast burritos ahead to save a little time. While I do love burritos, it’s a challenge to eat for a toddler. It essentially becomes a deconstructed burrito, with the contents flying everywhere.
Sound familiar? Here’s a fix! You can fill it with contents that are flat, unless you want a burrito of course, lol.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of cheese
- seasoning (if desired)
- 1 tortilla
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray. Beat eggs and pour into pan, making sure it’s not too thick or too thin. Season if desired. Carefully flip the cooked egg with a spatula and cook on both sides (it should like a crepe or very thin pancake) Set aside
- Heat tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds (for easy rolling)
- Place tortilla on a clean surface
- Add cheese, hot egg, then spinach on top of tortilla. Tip: Add cheese to the ends of the tortilla so it acts as a seal. I also like to use a hot egg so the cheese will melt a bit
- Roll tightly. Cut in half or serve as a whole