My cousin came to visit for a few days. When we get together, we cook. It’s like the joy luck club around the table prepping food.
You will absolutely love this recipe! It’s great for summer barbecues or a side dish to snack on. We do everything by taste, so it was a little difficult to write a recipe, but this should come close. It does take some time to prep, but well worth it and it will last a several days in the refrigerator. That’s if it lasts that long. It’s not your ordinary macaroni salad, it’s flavorful and even contains a vegetable!
- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 1c-1.5 c. mayonaise
- 1/4 c. sweet pickle relish
- 1 c. shredded chicken
- 1 15 oz can pineapple, sliced thinly
- 1/2 c. corn
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1/4 c. raisins
- salt to taste
- 2 cups of chicken broth
1. Boil chicken in half chicken broth half water, until cooked
2. Allow the chicken to cool and shred by hand or with a mixer
3. Cook macaroni per box instructions and allow to cool
4. Boil carrots, until cooked but not mushy, dice into small squares
5. Dice cheddar cheese into small squares
6. In a small bowl, mix salt and mayonnaise
7. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients
8. Chill in refrigerator and enjoy!