We’re in the middle of moving at the moment so anything easy is always my first choice when it comes to cooking. There’s also enough leftovers for a few meals!
It’s homemade and low sodium, unlike most store-bought sauces. I also used agave nectar which is a low glycemic organic sweetener. If you don’t want to take the extra step to make taco cups you can always just eat the pulled pork in a sandwich, taco or plain with a side of rice and veggies.
- 1 (3lb) pork shoulder or butt
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
- Flour tortillas
- 1/2 tbs. paprika
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/2 tbs. ground pepper
- 1/2 tbs. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. ketchup (we use organic with the least amount of sugar)
- 1/2 c. agave nectar, can substitute with brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. basil
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients for rub.
2. Sprinkle pork with rub mix
3. In another bowl mix sauce ingredients.
4. Place seasoned pork in slow cooker. Pour sauce.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
1. Preheat oven to 425f
2. Using a round cookie cutter mold out circles from tortilla
3. Place cut tortilla in muffin tin and fill with cooked pork.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on desired crispiness
5. Top with cut pineapples and cilantro (optional)