Everything shaped like a doughnut is more fun for a kid right? Who am I kidding, it’s more fun for me too. Maybe if I close my eyes I can pretend it’s a doughnut. Well, not quite, but it’s more interesting to eat for my little guy. I used this doughnut pan if you’re wondering. Fill it like a muffin pan and voila.
This muffin is hearty and tasty as well. You can replace the chocolate chips with dried cranberries if you prefer. My son is probably the only kid who doesn’t like chocolate. He picked them out.
By the way, these are best fresh. They dry out in the refrigerator and is best right out of the oven.
- 1 1/2 c. old fashioned oats or quick oats
- 2 2/3 c. flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. olive oil or butter
- 6 oz chocolate chips or
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and oil.
- Stir dry and wet mixtures. Add chocolate chips or cranberries
- Grease a muffin pan or donut pan
- Bake at 300f for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Tip: If using a donut pan check earlier
Recipe adapted from Money Saving Mom
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free.