Cashews add a nice crunch to a boring chicken dish. Make it a slow cooker recipe, of course we have a winner.
Tip: My husband says it was a bit salty, but I thought it was delicious. Reduce tamari/soy sauce by a bit and replace with a little water for a less salty dish
- 2 lbs boneless chicken (I prefer dark meat, but you can use white meat)
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 c tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 4 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup cashews
- In a ziplock bag, mix black pepper and corn starch. Cut up chicken to desired size. Add chicken to corn starch mixture
- In a pan add canola oil. Add chicken and brown on each side
- Transfer chicken into slow cooker
- In a bowl, combine tamari, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and cashews. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Depending on your slow cooker it may take only 2-3 hours
- Serve over rice
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free.