A good friend of mine introduced me to the wonderful world of carbonara. We had a play date and she whipped it up. Naturally, whilst almost seven months pregnant, I woke up craving it. All you need is 15-20 minutes to make this yummy bacon and cheese goodness.
- 10 oz spaghetti
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 5-6 slices bacon (you can use turkey if you like although it won’t be as tasty in my humble opinion)
- parsley for garnish if desired
- Cook pasta as directed in salted water. Put aside about 1/4 c. of water
- In a pan cook bacon until crispy and brown. Do not drain the grease.
- In a bowl, mix parmesan cheese and eggs
- In the same pan as the bacon, add pasta, cheese mixture and eggs
- Mix and add the water until desired consistency