If you missed my announcement, I am 6 months pregnant. Fortunately or unfortunately, pregnancy comes with cravings. One late evening, I craved macaroons. I wanted to make the real thing, but I knew I didn’t need all that sugar. So like most of my recipes, I once again looked at the ingredients I already had in my kitchen. This is how this yummy goodness came about. It’s not quite the real thing, but definitely guilt free, toddler friendly, and paleo too for those on that diet!
P.S. If you’re wondering why I made them into cookies not mounds, it’s because I wanted it to cook faster! #latenightcravings
Makes about 6-8 cookies depending on size
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mash bananas until smooth
- Add coconut and mix until well incorporated
- Grease a baking sheet or use a silpat mat and use an ice cream scooper or cookie scooper to make even portions. Shape into cookie disks
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until sides are slightly brown. Sprinkle some more coconut if desired.