We’re having company over for the holidays. That means it’s “clean out the fridge day” before we stock up to host dinner! I had some zucchini and carrots left over. My son eats fritters all the time so I decided to make something different. I cut down the fat by using applesauce. It’s still incredibly tasty and moist, with a lot less oil. I used no gmo Dole Fruitocracy Apple Pineapple sauce and it was simply divine. I also used coconut sugar instead of regular so it’s healthier. The muffins are incredibly delicious and bound to be a family favorite.
- 1 c. zucchini (grated)
- 3/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c. grated carrots (grated)
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 1/2 c. Fruitocracy Apple Pineapple Sauce
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 350f
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, stir together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, and zucchini until well combined
- Pour flour mixture into egg mixture until well combined
- Pour into a greased mini loaf pan or mini muffin pan. Depending on the size pan you use it could take about 10-12 minutes or longer. I would check at the 10 minute mark, then check every few minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
BIG TIP: Cook time will vary depending on what kind of pan you use. My mini muffins took about 10-12 minutes and mini loaf pans about 15. PLEASE check it often and poke with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
Disclosure: As a Dole Blogger, I received samples of Dole products for use in this post. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. *If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free.