Orange chicken tastes great, but I always feel a little guilty after eating it.
I normally would make orange chicken breaded and fried. This time I went without the extra flour and excess oil. It’s not the same as take-out, but it’s guilt free and so delicious!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 tbs corn starch
- 1/4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
- 1/8 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey (no honey before one)
- green onion (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
1. Cut chicken breast in bite size pieces
2. Place in a ziplock bag and mix in 2 tbs corn starch. Set aside
3. In a bowl combine, orange juice, tamari, honey, ginger and whisk, and remaining corn starch. For a thicker sauce add one more tbs of cornstarch. Set aside
4. In a pan or wok, add oil. When heated add garlic.
4. Add chicken and brown until almost cooked
5. Add sauce over chicken until sauce thickens. Again, for a thicker sauce add more corn starch.
6. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve over rice.