Looking for a tasty appetizer that’s not super unhealthy? Try this! It’s a twist to the homemade mozzarella sticks because it’s pizza flavored. My son loved them! The only drawback is he can’t have it melt in his mouth when its super hot for obvious reasons.
Prep time: 10 minutes / freeze for 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 5 string mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. crushed pizza flavored crackers or cheese crackers
- 2 beaten eggs
- olive oil spray
- Separate all ingredients into bowls for easy dipping (except oil)
- Cut mozzarella sticks in size desired
- Add pizza flavored crackers into a ziplock bag. Smash crackers with rolling pin, glass, or by hand.
- Dip one stick at a time in flour. Then dip in egg, then panko breadcrumbs, then pizza crackers
- Place all coated sticks on a plate and freeze for 30 minutes (until frozen) MUST BE FROZEN, OR YOU WILL HAVE A HOT MESS.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Add sticks to tin foil lined baking sheet and spray with oil
- Bake for 5 minutes each side. Check frequently and make sure cheese doesn’t melt completely.
- Serve immediately for adults, being careful
Served, prepared, and frozen in our incredibly versatile Oogaababy bowls and plate.
**I received this product for a review, but all opinions are my own. If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!