It’s been quite the transition from one child to two. Needless to say cooking with two is quite the challenge. Thank goodness, I have a husband who can cook!
If you’re looking for a less processed version of fish sticks, this is your recipe. It is fried, but this momma isn’t complaining at this point. And sometimes fried food just hits the spot. When I asked my other half which recipe he used. He said, ” Um, I just made it up.” That makes me chuckle, but boy was it good!
P.S. This is his recipe and instructions, I can only vouch for its deliciousness lol
- 5 cod filets (prepackaged,estimated)
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 8 oz ale beer (Greene King IPA is his preference)
- vegetable oil
P.S. for any of you concerned about the alcohol, most is cooked off during frying
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Add egg, then beer until batter has no clumps
- Cut cod into strips 2 x 3
- Dip cod in batter. Do not over batter the fish (you should be able to see the fish)
- Cook in 375f degree vegetable oil or peanut oil until golden brown (usually 2.5 minutes on one side and then flip for another 2.5 minutes)