Many of my readers have asked if certain recipes are freezable. While I enjoy fresh food, I know it’s not always convenient for folks who are busy. I specifically created this recipe with an “on the go” mentality. Thankfully, it freezes well!
What I love most about it is you can mix and match whatever toppings you want. You can also chop up veggies finely for those picky eaters.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12-15 bites
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 C..Milk
- 5-6 Tortillas (depends on size)
- Dash of Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Toppings of choice
- Shredded cheese, ham/turkey bacon, garden vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk. Set aside
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut tortilla in fours (see video)
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and carefully push in cut tortilla
- Fill tortilla with egg mixture and toppings
- Add cheese on top
- Cover with foil and cook for 20-25 minutes
Tip: I’ve cooked it uncovered as well and it creates a nice crunchy tortilla. Check it at 15-18 minutes
Freeze in ziplock bags and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. It may vary with several cups in the microwave, i tried it with one.