An old American favorite with a healthy twist!
We love mac and cheese in my household. Problem is, I can ‘t cook it everyday because it isn’t entirely that great for you. But what about if you add some veggies in it?
Makes you feel a little better serving it right? Just try this, you or your kids won’t be able to tell the difference!
- 2 c. cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 c. sharp shredded cheese
- 2 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. un-cooked penne pasta
- 1. In 2 separate large pots, bring water to a boil
- 2. In pot #1, cook pasta per box instructions (about 8-10 minutes)
- 3 In pot #2, cook butternut squash for 8-10 minutes. Drain most of the water, but keep 1/2 c. of water
- 4. In a blender or food processor, blend squash and add 1/2 c. of water from step #3
- 5. In a baking dish or cooking tray, mix in pasta, pureed butternut squash, and cheddar cheese
- 6. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake in oven for 375F for 15 minutes
This is in collaboration with my friend My at My Healthy Dish. This her amazing recipe!