A savory finger food with a hint of sweet. You won’t believe it’s filled with veggies!
During nights we order takeout or are eating something that isn’t entirely nutritious (yes, I am human too and I don’t always cook a full meal,) I make some form of patty. It’s a great way to get some veggies in!
I also recognize some of you have kiddos that won’t eat anything green. I’ve made other types of patties in the past like these broccoli cheese patties , but I know some of your kids won’t eat it if they see any type of green in it. This patty is a yellowish orange color similar to a chicken nugget! You may not believe it, but these patties have a lot of broccoli. These are great for beginner eaters and older kids that may turn up their nose to veggies.
- 1 c. sweet potato cubed
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- dash of salt
- Olive oil
- Steam sweet potato and broccoli
- In a blender, add all ingredients until it has a pasty consistency
- Form into patties, set aside
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and brown patties on both sides.
- Serve with marinara, ketchup, or sour cream