Eating steamed vegetables can get a little boring. Why not jazz it up by making these veggie fritters? From the start of our son’s eating journey we would always serve veggies in its natural state. If I made a “hide the veggies” dish, I’d also offer the real vegetable. I believe it’s one of the reasons he’s not super picky. As he is getting older though, he does like some vegetables more than others.
These yummy fritters contain a garden medley of corn, carrots, peas and green beans. I made these twice in a day, because I didn’t want to think of what to cook. He ate six of them the first time, then only two for dinner. He only left his mother, his servant/chef aka me, 1.5 patties *wink
First you prep your ingredients. I usually like to measure it all out in small bowls and spoons before cooking. For this one however, you can pretty much prepare everything in the same container since you will be mixing it all, except for the egg.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Then mix all ingredients until well combined. Then I like to use an ice cream scooper to shape each patty. It makes it so much easier. No messy fingers!
Then add some olive oil in a pan and cook on medium. You can also use a wet spoon to flatten each mound if you like flatter patties. Cook until brown and crispy and enjoy!
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. steamed garden vegetable medley (peas, corn, green beans, and carrots)
- 2 tbs. green onions, chopped finely (less if desired(
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- Salt to taste if desired
- Steam frozen garden vegetables until soft (except green onions)
- In a small bowl, beat egg lightly
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cooked vegetables, and green onions
- In the same bowl, add in all the remaining ingredients until combined
- In a large pan add about 3 tbs of olive oil
- Using an ice cream scooper scoop out veggie mixture and carefully adding each one to the pan
- Cook on medium heat until browned, flip
- Serve with ketchup or ranch dressing
- Makes 8 Fritters