As some of you may know my kids and I recently went on a blueberry picking adventure. My toddler loved it, but picked so many! I haven’t ventured off into pie making yet so I improvised and made these small blueberry crisps. I didn’t have a round baking pie dish so I used ramekins. It’s the perfect size for little ones and also for those watching their portions, me included.
Tip: you can subsitute coconut sugar for regular white, but coconut sugar is healthier
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- For rolled oats topping
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. cinammon
- 3 Tbs. cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mix blueberries, cornstarch and sugar. Set aside
- In another bowl, mix flour, honey, rolled oats, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter.
- Use your hands to work it all together.
- Scoop the blueberry mixture into ramekins and then top with oats mixture
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the berries are bubbly
- For a crunchy variety use 1/4 c. of brown sugar instead of the honey in the oats mixture
Recipe adapted from The Baker Chick