Have you ever had a savory muffin? While I do love sweet muffin varieties, sometimes a little change is a good thing. Plus, when it comes to breakfast, I’d prefer savory. I’m always trying to create fast on the go meals that include as many of the food groups as possible. This broccoli cheddar muffins recipe is tasty and packed with all kinds of goodness!
In case I haven’t persuaded you to go make this yet.. check out what it looks like on the inside!
Without further due.. here’s the recipe (actually, my second son who used to sleep 12 hours is going through a sleep regression, and well, I can’t keep writing, because he just woke up!)
Okay, I digress, here it is!
P.S. this is SUPER toddler approved by my almost “threenager”
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 c. grated or blended broccoli florets, raw
- 3 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a bowl, mix first 6 incredients until well combined (flour, baking powder, sugar, broccoli, and cheese)
- In another bowl mix milk, egg, and melted butter
- Mix flour mixture and milk mixture until well combined (don't overmix!)
- Grease muffin tin or use these for easy cleaning silicone liners
- Fill tin or liners 3/4 of the way (enough to leave for rising)
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!