I love granola bars, especially chewy ones. I just don’t like the ingredients list on the store-bought ones. This chewy granola bars recipe has no refined sugar and only uses three ingredients, four if you add chocolate chips. You know.. it’s totally optional, but also totally necessary. You can also add cranberries or leftover Halloween candy, like m&m’s. It just depends how strict you are on sweets.
In just 15 minutes and voila, you’ll have a quick relatively healthy treat to share with the little ones. Note: No honey before one years old.
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1.5 c. rolled oats
- Chocolate chips, or desired toppings (optional)
- Note: no honey before one years old!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mix honey and peanut butter until well combine
- In a small sauce pan, pour honey and peanut butter in.
- Cook on low until melted
- Mix with rolleds oats
- Add chocolate chips
- In a baking dish, press down oats mixture until even
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and cut into bars