This is a complete meal in one bite! As many of you have noticed, I love meals that incorporate almost all the food groups. This has carbs, protein, fruit, and veggies too. Best of all, it’s moist and tastes great.
Give it a try. I’ve also included an optional sweet and sour sauce below.
The meatballs by itself is great to eat too. It also might be a great option for younger babies. Plus, it’s a great hide the veggies dish!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 grated sweet apple
- 1/2 grated pear (optional)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs / quinoa if you want to go #glutenfree
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (if you like less onion then reduce)
- 1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- 2. Shape and mold. I use an ice cream scooper and placed it in a greased muffin tin for convinience
- 3. Bake at 350F until 165F, about 20-25 minutes, but it really depends on the oven so I use a leave-in thermometer.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tbs water
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar, add more if you like it more sour
Sweet and Sour Sauce Instructions
- Add all ingredients except for the corn starch and water into a pot, wait for a boil
- Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl
- Add into bowling mixture and whisk