**This is frequently edited so please check back!
Hi everyone! If you are an Instagram follower, you know I do a lot of activities besides cooking with my toddler. Since I get so many messages about the different educational toys and books I use, I thought I’d write-up a blog post about it. I showcase them on my IG stories almost daily. f you’re not familiar with stories go to my page and press the red ring around my profile name. I also post these items when they go on sale on my deals page. Go here if you want to be added.
Ps: I don’t have a formal background in education, but I do try to make it fun and educational for my kids. We don’t do much television or screen time, so I have to keep my son entertained in other ways. And frankly, I have to entertain myself too!
Just a tip: every kid is different! Some enjoy some activities more than others. Make it fun! Go back to it on another day if he or she is not interested.
Also, if you have facebook I also post loads of deals on www.facebook.com/groups/everydaydealsandsteals (mostly amazon stuff)
Click on the RED links (affl.) for direct purchasing.
- Kids power up their imaginations and build coordination skills as they drill chunky, kid-sized bolts into a sturdy activity board
- Builds coordination, creative thinking skills, and fine motor skills—a critical pre-handwriting skill
- Includes 120 chunky plastic bolts, reversible power drill, screwdriver, combination wrench, 2 drill bits, and 20 easy-to-follow design activity cards
- Kids can re-create the pictures found in the Activity Guide or create their own original designs
- Winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Toy Award, Parents’ Choice Recommended Award, National Association of Parenting Publication Award, and many more
- Supports STEM learning—manipulative play helps enhance physical dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- 3-in-1 Fun with manipulative, construction, and creative play
- Requires 3 AA batteries (not included)
- Kids strengthen the fine motor skills they’ll need to start writing–while sorting by color!
- Children use the easy-grip tweezer tongs to sort colored balls into the tubes
- Builds color recognition, fine motor strength and eye/hand coordination–and develops pre-writing skills
- Includes a color sorting tray with removable tubes, tweezer tongs and 50 rubber balls
- For ages 3-6 years
This is a great map to teach your kids about states and what they may find there. The puzzle identifies states and capitals.
- Wooden sound puzzle helps you learn about the 50 states and their capitols
- Light-activated puzzle says the name of the capitol when the piece is placed in the puzzle board
- 2-piece pops strengthen hand muscles and increase coordination while promoting imaginative play
- Reinforce upper and lowercase letter recognition through matching
- Set includes: 26 double-sided pops
- Winner of 2 awards
- Match upper and lowercase letters with these two-piece gators
- Reinforce letter recognition and color matching
- Each alligator is color-coded for self-checking
- Includes 13 heads and tails marked on both sides to include all 26 letters
- Different every time you build, this versatile, interconnecting gear set fosters imagination and provides opportunities to experiment with simple mechanics and science.
- Supports STEM by introducing children to sorting, grouping, counting, designing, constructing, and putting physics into play with spinning gear movement. Learning gets more intricate as children’s abilities advance.
- Boost fine motor skills while promoting reasoning and problem solving as children create moving experiments with spinning, colorful action.
- 96-piece set includes 48 uniformly-sized gears in six colors: red, orange, yellow, green, and purple, 8 interlocking square base plates, 19 square pillars, 8 pillar extenders, 12 six-way axles, and Activity Guide.
- Winner of 4 awards
- Ages 3+
- Gears! line of construction sets that builds confidence, perseverance, and self-esteem, arming kids with the real-world, early STEM-supporting skills necessary to prepare them for future success.
Imaginative Development: Allow your child to build and create, expanding your child’s imaginative horizons and allowing them to develop their mind in new ways.
LINCOLN LOGS supports key areas of a child’s development growth. As the stack the different part together and discover how the building system works, they’re strengthening hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, spatial awareness and exercising their imagination!
- 4 chunky foam shoes to lace and learn how to tie
- Bright, fun color foam shoes and real decorated shoe laces
- iParenting Media Award winner
- Includes 4 lacing shoes, 4 printed laces and a shoe tying lesson card
- Slip in one of the included slides to study some serious amazing scientific images!
- Explore 12 fascinating bugs up close, learn cool bug facts, and test your knowledge of each creepy critter in fun quiz games!
- Includes Talking Microscope with 5x focusing magnifier and light for easy viewing and 12 slides.
- Fun facts and questions, such as “Ground beetles give off a stinky smell!” and “How far can a jumping spider jump?”
- Winner of 10+ awards including Family Fun Toy of the Year Finalist, Parents Magazine Toy Test Finalist, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children’s Products, and Parent’s Choice Recommended.
- Supports STEM learning via hands-on experience with a key scientific tool.
- The perfect first microscope for preschoolers; makes a great birthday gift!
- Beautifully detailed pictures encourage interest in all things A-B-C and beyond
- Practice letter recognition and matching skills
- Wooden storage box with slide-in lid
- 52 wooden pieces
- Skill building set for pre-school children
- Learn to cut, tie your shoe, and write the alphabet and so much more
- Parents’ Choice Recommended Award winner
- Includes 4 wipe away books with marker, 8 finger crayons, safety scissors, 2 stencils, 15 activity pages, 75 stickers, shoelace, and instructions
BOOKS AND WRITING
We love this easel because it’s countertop and relatively easy to store. It’s also a magnetic dry erase surface, while the other side is chalkboard. Another fun feature is the paper roll which allows for some drawing or painting.
We absolutely love this book for teaching how to read. The lessons are probably 10 minutes long and keeps my son entertained.
The writing book we use is this one.
These are the ones with the flash cards in it, it’s wipe clean and spiral bound
This book is wipe clean! We love it.
- Three fun activity/coloring board books, each with refillable water pen
- Engaging and entertaining animal, alphabet, and number themes
- Reusable white pages feature simple line drawings when dry; filled with color when wet
- Chunky-size water pen for easy filling, easy gripping
- Compact, spiral-bound format that’s great for travel
Touch and Feel Books for Baby
The exact flash cards I showed on my Instagram stories I believe is discontinued. I bought it at the clearance section.
These are similar!
- Thirty-two (32) Non-toxic, all natural soy wax crayons in 32 colors: red, green, blue, egg yolk yellow, black, brown, orange, purple, pink, grass green, sky blue, sunshine yellow, gray, tan, peach, white, strawberry cream, honey wheat, gold, pumpkin spice, coffee, tree bark, cranberry, rose red, magenta, periwinkle, turquoise, aqua, spruce, autumn green, silver in a cotton muslin bag.
- Designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles in young children and improve motor coordination.
- Allows small fingers to color easily in large, wide strokes.
- Crayon size is 1 1/4 x ¾ inch (Images may appear larger) Long lasting and durable. Although appearing smaller, volume is actually greater than major brand stick crayons. Size was carefully selected for the hands of young children!Dot Markers‘
This one isn’t educational, but I’m trying to limit my messages on social media so I can spend time with my kids. Since you asked here is the link to these cars and tracks.
**If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!