Someone had to do it right? I really do have a reason though.
There are some days this big kid (me), wants a corn dog. Since my toddler eats what we eat, I had to think of a way to make it baby friendly. It’s been drilled in my head that hot dogs are a no-no kids because it’s a choking hazard. That’s how this recipe came about.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbs agave nectar (you can use sugar, or honey)
- 3 tbs melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 hot dogs (we used nitrate free organic)
- Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 375f
2. In a bowl whisk butter, agave, and egg
3. In the same bowl add milk, sour cream, salt and baking soda and mix
4. Add flour and corn meal last and combine well.
5. Grease donut tin with olive oil spray. Either mix in chopped hot dogs to cornbread mix or pour cornbread mix into a donut tin and add sliced hot dogs on top.
6. Bake at 375f for about 15 minutes.