A fun, nutritious and delicious treat for whole family! This muffin tastes great and is allergy friendly. No gluten, no dairy, no egg, and vegetarian. Sound good to be true right? It’s so good my husband and baby wanted more than 2. As for me, well, I had 3.
- 1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs organic milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ts ground cinammon
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar (you can reduce this)
- 1 c. bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 c. zucchini, grated
- 1 1/2 c. organic wholemeal flour, gluten free flour, or white
- 1 tbs baking powder
- coconut oil spray
- almond slithers, to decorate
- sugar free or dairy free dark chocolate chips, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 355f or 180c and prepare a muffin tin by spraying with coconut oil spray
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Add the mashed bananas and whisk through until combined.
3. Before adding the grated zucchini, squeeze tightly with a paper towel to try and remove excess liquid. Once squeezed add to the bowl and stir through.
4. Add the flour and baking powder and mix well
5. Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tin. Each cavity should be filled to around 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Allow muffins to cool before decorating. use the chocolate chips and almond slithers to create the bear’s face. Refer back to photo if needed.
Recipe and photo credit from the Clean and Green Kids App, video in collaboration