This is a variation of my blooming spinach recipe.
It tastes absolutely delicious! I usually add melted butter, but I’ve tried it without when in a rush. It’s getting a little harder to cook with my toddler these days. Also, if you don’t like sourdough, you can find bread that has a harder crust, but soft on the inside.
Without further ado, here it is. Enjoy!
- 1 Unsliced Sourdough Bread Round
- 15 Pepperoni slices (more or less if you want)
- 8 tbs melted butter (optional)
- 10 oz sliced mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven at 350f
2. Using a knife, cut sourdough bread lengthwise (see video).
3.Fill each slit with cheese and pepperoni
4. Cut widthwise cutting through pepperoni and cheese. This make it easier to eat later.
3. In a bowl, melt butter and pour on top of the bread.
6. Place foil on baking sheet. Use another piece of foil to cover bread. Bake covered at 350f for 15 minutes.
7. Uncover, and bake again for about 6-7 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve with your favorite pizza or marinara sauce