Most people have had a ham and cheese sandwich right?
Here’s a twist to the old family favorite. Moist, and yummy especially straight from the oven. It’s sure to be a hit! This muffin is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a side dish for dinner.
- 1 c. cooked chopped ham (we used Thanksgiving leftovers, but any will do)
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of melted unsalted butter/ 4 tbs
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a bowl, mix first 6 ingredients until well combined (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, chopped cooked ham and cheese).
2. In another bowl, mix milk, egg, and melted butter
3. Mix cheese mixture with milk mixture (bowl 1 + bowl 2) until well combined
4. Grease a muffin tin or use cupcake liners. Fill muffin tin about 3/4 of the way (enough to leave for rising)
Tip: mini muffins will cook faster so I always check it at 15 minutes for mini and about 20 for regular sized muffins. Use a toothpick to check, when it comes out clean it’s done!