I usually cook broccoli beef in a wok.
I decided to try putting everything I normally would add to a wok in a slow cooker. Now it’s in our weekly rotation of meals.
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 c. low sodium beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 lb beef (we used rib eye and cut it in strips, or chuck roast cut into strips as well)
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 large broccoli stalks (florets)
- Dash of pepper
- Mix all ingredients except for veggies and beef in a bowl
- Add beef to mixture and place in a slow cooker on low until tender. This usually takes about 4-6 hours depending on your cooker)
- Add broccoli and red pepper about 30-45 minutes before serving. Any earlier and you will have soggy veggies.
- Serve over white rice
Tip: Each soy sauce and broth brands have a different amount of salt so you can reduce it if you feel it’s too salty. Another tip: I use a pressure cooker for faster cooking only 45 minutes. This is our favorite one –> Here (affl link)
FYI: The video below shows me adding the veggies before beef is cooked. My son woke up from his nap early, so I had to cut my video short ;). Please add veggies when the beef has been cooking for about 5 hours already. Otherwise you will have soggy veggies!