I know many of you have children who love chicken nuggets. As some of you are aware I’ve coined the term “nuggetarian” for those chicken nugget lovers. I’m always looking for other alternatives to the household favorite. Contrary to popular toddler belief, their parents can’t possibly eat them everyday. Here’s a fantastic alternative. Best of all it has a yummy crunch to it.
tip: You can also use chicken breast, but make sure it is thin.
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. flour
- teriyaki sauce (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Flatten chicken thighs, we use this pounder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add flour
- In another bowl, whisk egg
- In a third bowl, add bread crumbs
- Dip chicken one by one into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs
- Repeat in egg and panko one more time
- In a large pan add about 2 tbs-3tbs of oil
- On low, add each coated chicken piece until brown and cooked
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce on top and serve with rice
**If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!