I’ve tried several times to make chicken nuggets taste like the nuggets most kids associate with. This comes pretty close! I’m well aware store-bought nuggets definitely have its time in place, but I wanted to give you a homemade option to try! Best of all, it’s all great ingredients and not processed! Furthermore, I know many of you have children who are really picky about texture. This chicken veggie patties recipe is soft and juicy and super tasty.
This recipe is quite versatile. You can chop up the chicken more finely or leave in cubes, depending on your kid’s taste. You can also omit some veggies including the green onion, peppers, or broccoli. Zucchini is relatively tasteless, so I definitely recommend keeping that in.
- 1/2 c. green zucchini (one small zucchini), grated
- 3 broccoli florets, grated (optional)
- 2 extra small bell peppers, chopped finely (optional)
- 1/4 c. cooked chicken, chopped finely (I use rotiserrie chicken)
- 1/4 c. green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c. flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Olive oil for frying
- Wash and grate zucchini and dry with paper towel
- Chop all vegetables and set aside
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well incorporated
- In a pan add 1 tbs of olive oil on medium high heat
- Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop about a tablespoon of batter onto the pan for each pattie. Use a spoon to flatten the scoop into a patty form. Cook until golden brown and flip on the other side for a few minutes.
- Serve with chives and sour cream if desired
Note: Recipe on video is doubled and added carrots instead of green onions… did i mention versatile? I would follow the recipe for perfect results, if you’re a newbie though.
For more inspiration follow ETM on Instagram
Or like us on Facebook