Grain free and refined sugar free. This paleo banana nut muffins recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. While I’m not one to put my kids on any specific diet, I always try to find healthier choices especially in muffins! That’s because my boys can eat two or three muffins in one sitting. No joke, my four year old eats like a teenager. Add chocolate to the mix and I have to stop him from eating them all.
It’s not your typical muffin texture because of the almond flour, but it’s a healthier alternative!
It definitely satiates the sweet tooth. The recipe calls for agave nectar which is much lower in glycemic index than it’s cousin sugar. You can also use honey.
This paleo banana nut muffins recipe is from Tamera Mowry. I met her at an event a while back and we collaborated to bring her recipe to you in video form. She’s the sweetest person!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. agave or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients (banana, oil, eggs, agave, and vanilla)
- In another mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda and salt)
- Slowly blend wet ingredients by hand
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Pour batter into your muffin tin
- Bake for 25-30 minjutes, oruntil a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean
- Recipe Credit: Tamera Mowry