The lemon tree in my back yard is overflowing with lemons. Problems is, a girl can only make so much lemonade right? This is how this recipe came about, coupled with the rarity of being able to go out with toddlers.
Before kids, trying new restaurants was my hobby. It’s probably because I loved it when other people cooked for me. Of course it’s the best thing when someone else cleaned up too! Not to Yes, we could have gone out for dinner and ordered this somewhere, but that would have taken more than the 30 minutes it takes to whip this up. The husband offered to clean after so it was a win win for everyone.
Furthermore, my boys have an appetite of teenagers and it gets pricey. I remember enjoying this dish at a restaurant in downtown Los Angeles, and I was craving it.
On any given day I’ll have chicken in the refrigerator. I almost always have some form of pasta in my pantry. Crispy Parmesan Chicken is always an easy fix. It’s hands down one of my favorite 30 minute recipes for white sauce pasta. It’s incredibly delicious and my whole family enjoyed it. My toddler enjoyed the chicken more than the noodles, however. I mean it’s pretty much a chicken nugget right? On some occasions, I’ve also added spiralized zucchini to the noodles to add some veggies to the dish. I have also paired it with some steam veggies on the side to make it a complete meal.
Try this Crispy Parmesan Chicken with creamy lemon sauce recipe on a weeknight or weekend and enjoy.
- 6 small chicken thighs
- 6 tbs. butter, divided
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- Dash of onion powder
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of italian seasoning
- 1 c. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz thin spaghetti noodles
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook noodles per box instructions, set aside
- In a bowl, melt 4 tbs of butter in the microwave
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, dash of onion, garlic, and italian seasoning, 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, and flour
- Dip chicken in the melted butter then bread crumb mixture
- Melt 2 tbs of butter in a large skillet and cook chicken on medium heat and 165f internal temperature
- In a medium skillet, add cream, cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk until it starts to thicken
- Add cooked pasta to cream sauce, top with chicken
For a lower carb option try this Baked Parmesan Chicken “Pasta” recipe. It’s a similar recipe where I combined zucchini noodles to the dish, just a different sauce.
This recipe was adapted from The Recipe Critic