It’s that time of the year! A time for tasty summer fruits and vegetables. I’ve recently found some great deals on bulk strawberries at my local grocery store and some days I’m left with too many. Just too many to eat before they go bad. Let’s just say I get carried away and buy too many when there is a sale. I created these Super Berry Muffins recipe so I can use up some of the berries because my kids will never pass up a muffin!
These very berry muffins are easy for busy mornings and I also pack them for snack. Just make sure you use sweet strawberries and blueberries or else you’ll have a sweet and a little sour muffin. What I love about my recipe is its very flexible as far as the amount of sugar is used. Depending on your desired taste you can make it less or more. I’ve used half a cup, a fourth, or even a whole cup of cane sugar before.
If you can mix a cup of coffee you can totally do this! First you mix the wet ingredients, then the dry then you mix them both together!
I also made them more festive by using vegetable cutters similar to these to add a little fun to the muffins.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar (can make it to 1 c. for a sweeter muffin, or 1/2 c. for a less sweet)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbs vanilla
- 1 c. chopped fresh sweet strawberries
- 1/3 c. fresh sweet blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare and chopp strawberries
- In a bowl, mix wet ingredients (except fruit)
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients with wet, until well incorporated. Tip: There will be clumps, do not over mix!
- Fold in fresh fruit
- In a greased muffin tin, add mixture all the way to the rim for a muffin top. Top with more fruit if desired, using a cutter
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Tip: Use sweet strawberries and blueberries, otherwise your muffin will be a little sour. Also, make sure your coconut oil is melted, otherwise it will be lumpy
Thank you Bobs Red Mill for sponsoring this post. Fun fact: It took 2,000 photos to finish this video!
*If you decide to make a purchase through the affiliate link, Amazon will pay me a very small commission for it. This does not cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free. Thank you!