Every now and then memories come up from my childhood. I often think about what foods I ate growing up, especially when I’m trying to figure out what to fix for my kids. I grew up eating pan fried butter bananas. Whether it was for breakfast or a snack, it was such a treat! It tastes incredible, but the one I remember is packed with sugar. I made our traditional family recipe healthier and baby friendly. This buttered bananas recipe has no refined sugar. Plus, all you need is 3 ingredients!
- 1 banana ripe, but not overripe
- 2 tbs. butter melted
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg optional
- 1/8 tsp. peanut butter
- Cut bananas, or split in half
- In a bowl, mix melted butter, cinammon,and nutmeg.
- Combine bananas with butter mixture
- In a nonstick pan, cook bananas under low-medium heat until brown
- Brown on both sides
- Serve plain, on yogurt, or on waffles or pancakes
P.S. I added peanut butter for added protein, but you’re more than welcome to omit. You can also use maple syrup instead of honey (for the waffles) if your child is under one