A hearty meal is sometimes all you really need after a long day. This chicken potato bake recipe is easy to prepare and is pretty much a one pan meal. Just a few ingredients and you have dinner on the table. I’ve also tried cooking it the night before to make meal time easier the next day. It still tasted great the next morning.
At first ,I wanted to use sweet potato instead white potato, but sometimes you just need the real thing. Even though white potatoes get a bad rap, it actually still has a lot of nutritional benefits. You might not believe it but it actually has nearly half your daily value of vitamin c. It also has more potassium than a banana, vitamin b6 and even antioxidants and fiber! So don’t knock it down when you see it in a recipe.
My son loves all things bacon so we added some turkey bacon to it and of course cheese
And of course.. there are veggies in there! When in doubt add spinach. It’s relatively tasteless. I always try to incorporate some type of vegetable in all of our meals. It’s not a deal breaker if you don’t add it, but you can hardly see it if you put a small amount. As always, green stuff optional, but give it a try you never know. Worse comes to worse, your kiddo can pick it out.
Also, the baking time may vary depending on how large your baking dish is. These small mini loaf dishes cooked up the chicken potato bake in about 30 minutes or so. Furthermore, don’t forget to mix it up every 15 minutes for even cooking. A 9×13″ baking dish will take about 50-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes to give you some reference.
- 6 small russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins, cubed
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 tbs. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt (this is to taste, add more if desired)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1/4 c. spinach, chopped
- 3-4 strips of cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- Mexican cheese
- Green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and cut potatoes in small cubes, set aside
- Cut and cube chicken, set aside
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika
- Add spinach and chicken into bowl
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and potato is soft. Mix once or twice halfway. May take longer if your baking dish is larger.
- While chicken is cooking, cook bacon or use cooked bacon
- Remove from oven, add chopped bacon and sprinkle cheese over top
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped green onions
- Recipe adapted from Stock Piling Moms
You can also try these other dinner choices! Creamy Tomato Pasta
Or you can try my 4 Ingredient Mini Chicken Pot Pies