Mornings are always rushed at my house. Whether it’s because I have to run to work, or if I’m in a hurry to get my youngest down for his nap. The start of our mornings are always challenging. Making these baby friendly muffins ahead of time saves me a ton of time. And yes, you can have veggies for breakfast!
Best of all, you can add toppings to these muffins like chocolate chips, or sliced almonds. I just choose to make it simple for my 10 month old. We don’t offer sugar quite yet, unless it’s non refined. But for my 3-year-old chocolate chips are fair game.
Sweet Potato Banana Muffins
- 1/2 c. sweet potato steamed
- 1/2 c. banana mashed
- 4 tbs. wheat flour
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 2 tbs. almond butter/nutbutter
- Dash of cinammon
- Preheat oven 375F
- In a large bowl, scramble eggs
- Mix in the mashed sweet potato, mashed banana, flour, nut butter, and dash of cinnamon
- Combine until well incorporated
- Pour into greased muffin tin
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Serve with butter, or drizzle honey for a sweeter variety (no honey before age 1)
P.S. See that super cute ring I’m wearing? It’s from Emma J. Company. Part of the proceeds go to No Kid Hungry with each purchase from the Emma J. Dawn McCoy Collection, $6 goes to NKH. Here’s a closeup, it’s so lovely!