Thanks to Horizon Organic for sponsoring this recipe.
The holidays are officially here, and it’s time for some hot, healthy meals like these cheesy veggie rolls. A bonus is this holiday wreath design will get everyone in the holiday spirit! My pizza-loving kids especially enjoy them. They’re delicious and nutritious and best of all easy to make. Who doesn’t love doughy, cheese-filled rolls with a side of marinara? Mom’s will be thrilled these include a veggie inside and packs a healthy punch.
These are also great for lunch boxes the next day. My son devoured them with some marinara sauce.
What’s more, you’ll make these veggie rolls even healthier by using organic mozzarella cheese! With products like Horizon’s Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, you can feed your family organic milk and dairy products that are non-GMO, antibiotic- and pesticide-free, and derived from cows that experience the healthiest, happiest living conditions.
Organic milk and dairy products are also great for the environment by conserving wildlife, helping soil and water quality, preserving plant and animal diversity, and promoting the use of natural farming techniques and practices.
So, the next time you’re stocking up on groceries, go organic with Horizon milk and dairy products, and give your family, the environment and wildlife the best chance at health and happiness!
Veggie Cheesy Roll Wreath
- 3 Organic tubes of store-bought crescent rolls—without seams makes life easier
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup Organic broccoli grated
- 2 tbs Organic pesto or homemade
- 3/4 cup Horizon Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Organic parmesan cheese grated
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp Horizon Organic unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Organic garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Organic oregano
- 2 tbsp Organic Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Organic marinara sauce
- In a bowl, combine all filling ingredients and set aside.
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper or a clean surface Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter or glass to cut out the circles.
- Take dough rounds and place 2 tsp of filling into each center. DO NOT OVERFILL. Cup the sides of the dough around the filling and begin to lightly pinch the sides into the center. Once there is a small opening left, roll the dough into a ball and it will close up the rest of the way on its own. Make sure you cover the filling thoroughly—you can even roll it on your palm to make a ball. Once you have completed filling, place the rolls on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper and arrange. Leave 1 – 2 inches of space between the rolls. Chill for 15 minutes in refrigerator. Please don't skip this step, it's very important.
- Preheat oven to 375F (or per package instructions). Prepare topping by mixing butter with oregano and garlic powder. Bake for 10 minutes. At the 10-minute mark, brush with butter mixture and return to oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes. Shape the rolls into a wreath, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and add a bowl of marinara in the middle. Serve and enjoy!
Try these turkey swiss rolls if you want to try another easy recipe!